Friday, October 12, 2018
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Join us for the 6th Annual SHRM of Greater St. Louis Leadership Conference & Business Partner Expo! Register now to attend the region's premier Human Resources professional development conference for an opportunity to enhance your HR practitioner skills while earning up to 5.5 hours of HRCI and SHRM recertification credits. The day is packed with opportunities to expand your knowledge, network with regional HR colleagues and visit our Business Partner Expo showcasing HR-related products and services.
Going the Distance: Revealing the Impact of Unconscious Bias
Start the day with our opening keynote speaker, Lenora Billings-Harris, CSP. Bias has been misunderstood for years. Due to recent research in neuro-science, we now know that everyone has bias, and our daily decisions are impacted by them without our awareness. The good news is once we become aware of the impact of our biases, we can choose to mitigate those that produce negative outcomes.
Join internationally recognized author and consultant, Lenora Billings-Harris to examine, reframe and reinvigorate your approach to diversity, inclusion, and community engagement. You will have fun while you explore what bias is, why it is necessary in our lives, and how unconscious bias impacts our verbal and written communications with community groups, elected officials, colleagues, talent development and so much more.
Lenora will reveal the interdependence of these concepts and the missing components needed to create an environment of inclusion. This content-rich and results-focused presentation will help you identify the key skills that accelerate positive results in our fast-paced multicultural communities. Using an evidence-based approach, Lenora will provide practical yet cutting edge insights that can be immediately applied.
Make sure to join Lenora for her break-out session, "S.T.O.P. - How to Diminish Cultural Collisions with Effective Feedback". There are barriers, booby traps, and blocked roadways on our journey toward achieving cultural competence. What do you say to the co-worker who always wants to touch your locks or braids? How do you tell your manager to stop interrupting you? How do you get your Baby Boomer colleague to stop sayting that you are too young to know...?
The biggest barrier to giving feedback in these situations and other microaggressions is the fear most people have when it comes to speaking up in a respectful way to encourage others to stop insensitive or inappropriate behavior. One of the major reasons people do not speak up more often is because they do not know how to speak up when they have to interact with the offender on a regular basis. If the offender is your manager, speaking up may seem too dangerous. If the offender is a colleague in your department...well it is easier to just be silent. Or is it? The silence perpetuates inappropriate behavior.
Lenora's four-step process called S.T.O.P. for giving feedback is easy to understand and produces amazing results. Join her for this highly interactive session to learn a technique that can be used at work, home, and even with children.
Educational Sessions for Everyone! Topics Include:
- Communication Excellence to Influential Leadership
- Workplace Violence Prevention: Working From a Mindset of Awareness
- Gender Benders: Preventing & Defending Sex-Based Claims in the Workplace
- Mindfulness, Be Where You Are
- Take Your Performance Reviews to the Next Level by Getting Rid of Them
- The Insider's Guide to Millennials
- RealityHR: Watch a #MeToo Employee Take a Company & Human Resources All the Way to Trial
- Influence Intelligence: How to Be More Influential in Business & Life
- Creating Your Next Influential Presentation
- Agile Working: Are Your Employees Ready?
- A Recipe for Success in Evaluating HR Technologies & Providers
- 2018 Labor & Employment Developments
- You're Not Alone: Strategies for the HR Department of One
- Let's Talk About Numbers, Baby
- Tips for Terminations
SHRM St. Louis Members - Included in Membership
Non-Members - $250
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
One Ameristar Blvd.
St. Charles, MO 63301
Sponsorship Opportunities Available! All sponsorship packages include:
- Exhibit booth at Annual Conference Business Partner Expo
- Full-day exposure to attendees
- One non-member conference registration (member registrations are complimentary)
- Listing in conference program with logo
- Receive copy of conference attendee list (name and company only)
- Platinum - $5,000
Gold- $3,000 - SOLD
- Silver - $750 SHRM St. Louis Members/$1,000 Non-Chapter Members