Start Date: 10/18/2019 7:15 AM CDT
End Date: 10/18/2019 5:00 PM CDT
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
One Ameristar Blvd.
St. Charles, MO United States 63301
SHRM of Greater St. Louis
2019 Leadership Conference & Business Partner Expo
Friday, October 18, 2019
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Join us for the 7th Annual SHRM of Greater St. Louis Leadership Conference & Business Partner Expo! Register now to attend the region's premier Human Resources professional development conference for an opportunity to enhance your HR practitioner skills while earning up to 5.5 hours of HRCI and SHRM recertification credits
. The day is packed with opportunities to expand your knowledge, network with regional HR colleagues and visit our Business Partner Expo showcasing HR-related products and services.
Start the day with our opening keynote speaker, Johnny C. Taylor, SHRM-SCP, President & CEO of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
. SHRM drives social and economic change in the workplace and fosters mutually beneficial work environments that serves both businesses and employees. Under Mr. Taylor's leadership, the Society has grown to a record 300,000+ members in over 165 countries who impact the lives of more then 110 million workers every day.
As a global leader on all matters affecting work, workers and the workplace, Mr. Taylor is a sought-after voice by C-suite executives as well as state and federal elected policy makers. He frequently is invited to testify before Congress on critical workforce issues - from sexual harassment to paid leave - and authors a weekly column, "Ask HR," in USA Today
, the country's largest newspaper.
Mr. Taylor is the Chair of the President's Advisory Board on Historically Black Colleges and Universities and serves on the U.S. Department of Commerce American Workforce Policy Advisory Board, which advises the National Council for the American Worker on how to ensure that America's students and workers have access to the affordable, relevant and innovative resources needed for success in the global economy.
His 20+ year career as a lawyer, human resources executive and CEO in both the not-for-profit and for-profit space shape Mr. Taylor's knowledge and perspectives. His decades of industry leadership include senior and chief executive roles at IAC/Interactive Corp., Viacom's Paramount Pictures and Blockbuster Entertainment Group, McGuire Woods LLC and Compass Group USA. Most recently, Mr. Taylor served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, which advocates and represents publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBUs).
He is an active volunteer for education, employment and other social causes, serving on the boards of the University of Miami, Jobs for America's Graduates and the American Red Cross and as an adviser to Safe Streets & Second Chances, an initiative to reduce the high rate of recidivism among the formerly incarcerated. He has served on the corporate board of Gallup, the world's leading public opinion and consulting firm.
Mr. Taylor holds both a Doctor of Jurisprudence and a Master of Arts with honors from Drake University. He obtained a Bachelor of Science with honors from the University of Miami. He is licensed to practice law in Florida, Illinois and Washington, D.C.
Educational Sessions for Everyone! Topics Include:
- Technology in Recruiting & Hiring: Hidden Legal Risks
- HR, Employment & Labor Trends in 2019 and Beyond
- ADA Accommodations & Job Performance: How to Manage Both
- Difficult Conversations: How to Handle Workplace Conversations About Everything From Poor Performance to Personal Hygiene
- Behavioral Health Awareness in the Workplace
- The Corporate Culture of Your Dreams: If You Build It, They Will Come
- Creating Connections Through Brand & Experience
- Corporate Culture
- Violent Intruder Training (Tier One 4E)
- How to Develop Diversity Initiatives That Just MIGHT Work!
- Six Practical Steps to Make Leave Administration Manageable
- How to Manage Generational Differences in the Workplace
- HR's Secret Weapon: Using Improv to Boost Teamwork & Performance
- Where Women Thrive
- Using Total Rewards to Attract & Retain in a Low Unemployment Market
- Somehow, I Manage: It's Funny on "The Office," But Not In YOUR Office
View the conference schedule
SHRM St. Louis Chapter Members - Included in Dues
Non-Chapter Members - $250
Fees include all conference materials, networking breakfast, lunch, and breaks.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
All sponsorship packages include:
Three Sponsor Levels to Choose From!
- Exhibit booth at Annual Conference Business Partner Expo
- Full-day exposure to attendees
- Two (2) non-member conference registrations (member registrations are complimentary)
- Your company name listed as a sponsor in pre-conference materials, on the conference website and conference app
- Platinum - $5,000 - SOLD
- Gold - $3.500 - SOLD
- Silver - our most popular sponsorship - it will sell out!
- $850 for SHRM St. Louis Chapter Members
- $1,250 for Non-Chapter Members
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available! Click here for more information and to download the sponsorship agreement form.
|Thank You to Our Sponsors!
AAIM Employers' Association
CompuFACT Background Checks
Dale Carnegie Training St. Louis
H&H Health Associates, Inc.
Starkloff Disability Institute
The Leadership Effect
University of Missouri-St. Louis Doctor of Business Administration