Start Date: 2/13/2019 11:30 AM CST
End Date: 2/13/2019 4:00 PM CST
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
9801 Natural Bridge Rd.
St. Louis, MO United States 63134
SHRM of Greater St. Louis
YOU MUST REGISTER BY EITHER CLICKING ON
"SHRM STL Member Registration" or "Non-Member Registration"
Always one of the most popular programs of the year, the SHRM St. Louis Annual Legal Update will begin with lunch and Susan Bassford Wilson of Constangy, John Marino of McMahon Berger, and James Paul of Ogletree Deakins giving the keynote presentation, "A Look into the Crystal Ball: 2019 Employment and Labor Law Developments for HR Professionals." Join us for this interactive panel discussion in which our panelists will address compelling and timely legal topics of interest to HR practitioners.
NEW FORMAT THIS YEAR!
After lunch, you will have the option to go to larger presentation rooms for Deep Dive topic presentations or attend the small group roundtable discussions in the main room. The three Deep Dive topics will be presented in each of the three timeslots. All of the roundtable topics will be available in each of the timeslots as well.
Deep Dive Topics
- No Second Chances...Why You and Your Managers Must Get Documentation Right the FIRST Time! with James Paul, SHRM-SCP, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Missouri Medical Marijuana Update: Are Your Policies Up in Smoke? with John Marino & Bryan LeMoine, McMahon Berger
- Navigating the Bermuda Triangle of FMLA, ADA, and Worker's Compensation: Intermittent Leave, the Interactive Process, and More with Susan Bassford Wilson, Bob Ortbals, Jr., Katie Rhoten, Constangy
- The Problem with Payroll Companies - A Wage & Hour Perspective
- Addressing Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Recruiting/Hiring/Onboarding: Legal Update
- Course Correction - Labor Law Developmenting Impacting Unionized & Non-Union Employees
- Redefining Employment Relationships & Responsibilities in the Gig Economy
- LGBTQ Discrimination: Current State of the Law
- Employees Who Stay: Preventing Retaliation Claims
- Ensuring Your Job Descriptions Don't Discriminate
- Conducting Investigations in the Workplace
- Communicating with Difficult Employees
- Passing the Test: When are Employers Allowed to Test Employees
- Discipline & Discharge for Employers Boot Camp - Q&A
- Assessing and Responding to Employee Requests for Religious Accommodations
- Harassment Awareness & Prevention
- Compliance Issues Involving Employment of Foreign Nationals
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Registration & Buffet Lunch
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Keynote Presentation
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Deep Dive & Roundtable Discussions
SHRM St. Louis Members - Included in Dues
Non-Member - $75.00
Thank You to Our Sponsor!