Start Date: 2/19/2020 11:30 AM CST
End Date: 2/19/2020 4:30 PM CST
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
9801 Natural Bridge Rd.
St. Louis, MO United States 63134
SHRM of Greater St. Louis
YOU MUST REGISTER BY EITHER CLICKING ON
"SHRM STL Member Registration" or "Non-Member Registration"
It's that time of year again - the annual SHRM St. Louis Legal Update
event is here! join us for lunch and our keynote panel presentation, followed by the breakout sessions and roundtable discussions. We will follow the same format as last year with the option to choose which topic discussions you want to attend. You will have three different timeslots to choose which breakout sesions and/or roundtable discussions you want to participate in.
Keynote Presentation - What Not to Do: Lessons from the Plaintiff's Bar
Susan Bassford Wilson of Constangy will moderate a panel of four plaintiffs' attorneys discussing their perspective on why employers even land in the courtroom with them in the first place. You will get to hear their "war stories", what happened and what employers should make sure they are not doing to avoid becoming the bad buy in these stories.
The three topics below will be presented during each of the three timeslots. These are still informal discussions in nature similar to the roundtables, just in larger rooms to accommodate more participants.
- Emotional Support Animals, Medical Marijuana & Virtual Reality: Novel ADA Accommodations for the New Decade presented by James Paul, SHRM-SCP and Andrew Metcalf with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Election Year 2020: Politics, Promises & Pending Legislation presented by John Marino with McMahon Berger
- The Price is Wrong: Update on Wage-and-Hour Issues in 2020 presented by Susan Bassford Wilson with Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP
The topics below will all be presented during each of the three timeslots.
- NLRB & New Policies Every Employer Should Consider
- Three Illinois Laws Employers Should Know
- EEOC Investigations: Tips & Tricks from an Insider
- Investigations: How to Avoid Common Pitfalls & Defend Your Investigation
- Millennials in the Workplace & Strategies for Balancing Generations of Professionals
- Best Practices in Employee Discipline & Termination
- What to Expect & How to Support Your Employee Going Through a Divorce or Modification
- Workplace Policy & Handbook Best Practices
- When the Smoke Clears: The Realities of Marijuana & the Workplace in Missouri and Other Midwestern States
- Implicit Bias & Microaggressions in the Workplace
- Criminal Convictions & the Hiring Process in Missouri and Illinois
- Affirmative Action Plans & Obligations
- "Like" me, "Friend" me, "Share" me: HR is a Social Media Saturated Workplace
- Pay Equity Update: Recent Legislation & Implications for Employers
- The One-Person HR Department
- Practical Advice to Prevent Retaliation Claims
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Registration & Buffet Lunch
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Keynote Presentation
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions & Roundtable Discussions
The Annual Legal Update has been approved for 4.5 hours of SHRM and HRCI Certification Credit.
SHRM St. Louis Members - Included in Dues
Non-Member - $75