Position Information Message
The Department of Human Resources provides leadership to the Human Resources function in service to church workers at the International Center and those throughout Synod. Not only is the department concerned with assisting in attracting high quality people to staff positions within all units of the Synod, but also concerned with creating an environment that is caring and supportive of their needs so that they may give their most effective service to the Lord and to the Synod. Special attention is given to training, coaching, and consultation with supervision and management who are primarily responsible for creating and maintaining a caring environment. It coordinates the development and administration of personnel policies, procedures, and supporting systems within and between all boards, commissions, departments, and agencies of the Synod.
Essential Job Functions
- Tracks employee(s) disability; works closely with CPS to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Determines eligibility and tracks employee FMLA leave. Sends communications as necessary.
- Shares responsibility for entering benefits/payroll data into HRIS.
- Manages Time Management component of the HRIS, assuring that crucial deadlines for the timely processing of time entry are met; works closely with managers on time reporting issues verifying attendance accruals and balances and tracking attendance issues.
- Available for training in Time Management for new employees and managers.
- Provides administrative support to the HR management team.
- Assists with scheduling of candidate interviews, administers testing for applicants and is responsible for gathering materials for interviews, preparing interview guides, and the completion of employment verifications and background checks.
- Responsible for timely review of background checks and completion of JV for billing purposes.
- Responsible for compilation of data for annual executive reviews and officer comprehensive reviews.
- Responsible for promoting entity job postings and sharing relevant articles on social media platforms.
- Tracks and manages Tuition Reimbursement requests per guidelines; provides payment information to HR Administrator.
- Works with office manager compiling data for compensation studies and salary recommendation.
- Assists HR manager with gathering of information for board nominations.
- Assists with the development of meeting materials and presentations.
- Provides support for the organizational development team including onsite logistical support for training programs and tracks usage of Lynda.com license. May have occasional classroom facilitation responsibilities.
- Maintains online IC photo directory.
- Responsible for posting of information and classified ads on the intranet.
- Completes data surveys as requested/required.
- Responsible for RSO job posting per guidelines.
- Serves as a member of the Sent to Serve Committee.
- Periodically audits electronic benefit and personnel files for accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining files with current utilized forms.
- Responsible for logging and tracking annual Performance Review information.
- Responsible for p-card allocation.
- Distributes department mail and orders office supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
||The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
||St. Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
||Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum three years’ experience in HR.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Interested individuals may apply online at www.lcms.org/serve/careers
- Excellent customer service skills with exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in computer technology, specifically Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Good protocol skills in appropriate situations.
- Proven ability to maintain a pleasant and cooperative attitude in all situations.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively engage and present content to an audience.
- Proven ability to plan daily work and establish priorities to achieve defined objectives.
- Proven ability to analyze situations and make a determination as to handling or referral to other person(s).
- Command of proper English, spelling, and grammar. Good proofreading skills.
- Shown willingness to pursue opportunities that will improve competency.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Professional in appearance
- Exercises discretion and good judgment in confidential matters.
- Knowledge of the various departments within the International Center and LCMS entities.
||This listing expires on: 9/26/2018