Position Information Message
Human Resources Manager
The Department of Human Resources provides leadership to the Human Resources function in service to church workers for the employers of the LCMS International Center. The department focuses on all facets of talent management as well as being committed to maintaining a caring and supportive vocational environment so that employees may give their most effective service to the Lord and to their employer.
Essential Job Functions
- Reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
- Strategic business/mission partner with the International Center (IC) employers to ensure their human resources support needs are proactively addressed.
- Works collaboratively with all staff in the HR team to ensure the administration of Human Resources services are provided in an efficient and effective manner.
- Works closely with all levels of staff at the IC.
- Works directly with all levels of management as a strategic business/mission partner to develop and implement an integrated talent management model that includes: recruiting/selection & retention; orientation; performance management; employee development; succession planning; rewards & recognition.
- Responsible for the administration of the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and other approved HR/personnel supplemental manuals.
- Manages employee relations according to policies and legal requirements.
- Ensures all benefits and compensation programs are compliantly managed to include keeping employees informed of changes and new programs.
- Manages the Emergency Notification System.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) to include record maintenance and document retention.
- Experience with employment and benefits laws.
- Provides ancillary HR guidance to districts and congregations upon request.
Human Resources Manager
||The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
||St. Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
||Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in human resources, management, business or closely related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven years progressive human resources experience, preferably in a generalist capacity.
- Experience in global HR initiatives is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Go to www.lcms.org/careers to apply online.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to respond and interact with all levels of management as well as understanding and supporting each employer’s organizational mission.
- Demonstrated skill in interviewing, counseling and assisting both management and employees.
- Ability to support the processes involved with the life cycle of an employee based on integrated talent management model.
- Advanced knowledge of human resources management policies, procedures and current trends.
- Ability and willingness to travel as requested.
||This listing expires on: 12/7/2018