Manager of Talent Acquisition and Development
Boys Hope Girls Hope addresses the achievement and workforce development gaps by acting as a bridge to opportunity for young people who want to become college-educated, career-ready, and community minded. Founded in 1977 in St. Louis, Boys Hope Girls Hope helps driven students from disadvantaged backgrounds succeed in school and life. The young people we serve come from families where social and environmental barriers, and a lack of sufficient academic opportunity, impede a child’s ability to realize his or her potential.
The Boys Hope Girls Hope network includes a team of more than 250 staff members, including paid employees and longterm volunteers, working together to serve more than 1,100 young people in 16 cities and three countries—the United States, Guatemala and Mexico. Boys Hope Girls Hope International works closely with affiliates to identify candidates who possess the character, competencies, and positive attitude to become assets to the Boys Hope Girls Hope mission and culture.
Boys Hope Girls Hope is seeking a strategic, communicative, and creative thinker to help make Boys Hope Girls Hope an employer of choice. Our organization needs the right collaborative, entrepreneurial leader to bring fresh perspective into driving the recruitment, development, and retention of talent for positions across our strong, collaborative network team, which includes Boys Hope Girls Hope International and sixteen affiliates.
Our success with scholars comes from the team of people who develop impactful relationships with them, and who champion our programs through fundraising and administrative excellence. Talent acquisition, retention and development are primary strategic initiatives for Boys Hope Girls Hope, including implementing recruiting, hiring practices, staffing models, and staff development and retention programs that not only encourage but welcome a diverse and vibrant workforce, and ensure every scholar receives excellent care.
The Manager of Talent Acquisition and Development will be responsible to strengthen the organization’s culture of One Team One Mission and enhance the overall candidate and employee experience. Under general direction of VP of Operations, but working closely with the President and CEO and network leadership, this person will develop a transformative, culturally competent, and comprehensive talent acquisition strategy for the Boys Hope Girls Hope network.
This role will also foster the ongoing advancement of Human Capital Management as an organizational competency, with particular emphasis on developing supervisors who engage, nurture and retain top performers. This position will promote best practice sharing across the network, bringing our work to the next level through creative and effective initiatives that retain staff and keep them performing at peak levels. This person will ensure organization-wide compliance with all relevant regulations, consistent and improving quality of care, enhanced staff performance and retention, and increased cultural competency and diversity.
The individual in this role will supervise the Recruitment and Service Programs Coordinator and the recruiting, training and retention programs for Boys Hope Girls Hope International-sponsored service programs and AmeriCorps grants. He or she will manage the day-to-day administration of Human Resources policies, procedures and programs.
This role will be based at the International Headquarters in St. Louis, and may require some evening and weekend work, and occasional travel in support of recruiting activities and visit to affiliate locations. The position will require extensive contact with applicants, volunteers, the public and affiliate staff.
- Develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive and proactive recruitment, talent acquisition and sourcing strategy for the Boys Hope Girls Hope network for paid and long-term volunteer service positions that supports a diverse and highly engaged workforce
- Raise awareness and profile of Boys Hope Girls Hope as an employer of choice
- Provide advice and counsel to Affiliates regarding recruiting and retention strategies
- Maintain high quality recruiting materials, including ad templates and position case statements
- Assist leadership to determine staffing needs and develop forecasts
- With Director of Marketing and Communications, establish and lead employment branding initiatives Manage relevant vendor partnerships and relationships
Service and AmeriCorps Programs
- Supervise the Recruitment and Service Program Coordinator
- Support the overall success of service programs that include the year-long National Volunteer Corps, AmeriCorps grants (as awarded), volunteers going to Latin American Affiliates, and services provided by Boys Hope Girls Hope International to support affiliate community volunteer programs
Leadership of Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Increase capacity of Boys Hope Girls Hope to build the people and organization to meet our goals, including diversity, by monitoring key human resource metrics through Boys Hope Girls Hope’s Performance Management Tool (i.e. source of hire, time-to-fill, retention). Identify and implement strategies to address areas of underperformance
- Maintain, disseminate and provide guidance to all team members on HCM policies and practices including hiring, performance management, employee relations, and termination. Monitor compliance and alignment with strategy to have high employee performance, and to manage risk and safeguard children
- Assist in development and maintenance of network standards or best practices in HCM, including in the areas of hiring, supervision, professional development, training, and succession management
- Ensure all supervisors understand how to develop and support the organizational culture of respect and fairness, and cultural competence
- Orient and train supervisors in human resource policies and practices, including best practices for employee relations, development and performance management, and compliance issues such as documentation
Hiring and Onboarding
- Develop and ensure a cohesive and successful hiring, onboarding and retention practices
- Oversee effectiveness and maintain up to date all materials for the hiring process, including tools like a standard application, interview guides, reference forms, and checklists
- Ensure all hiring managers are fully competent in the hiring process and how to use the application, references, interviews and other steps to select the best applicant
- Train hiring managers in the key safeguarding elements of the hiring process, and in compliance with preemployment policies
- Be a technical expert and resource pre-hire screening, including conducting background checks, MVR checks, fingerprint background checks, and NSOPR
- Support the operations of Boys Hope Girls Hope International and affiliates
- Assist with other duties as required to support the mission and goals of the organization
Manager of Talent Acquisition and Development
||Boys Hope Girls Hope International
|Posting Start Date:
||A Bachelors’ Degree (Masters’ preferred) in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, at least 6 years of management level HR experience that includes knowledge of all aspects of organizational development and talent acquisition. Demonstrated experience managing full-cycle recruiting and employer branding initiatives. Prior experience with a nonprofit or youth serving organization is preferred. Excellent analytical, leadership, presentation, decisionmaking, oral/written communication, and interpersonal skills are all essential. PHR Certification preferred.
Ideal candidates will also:
BHGH will offer a competitive compensation package and an exciting, fast-paced professional work environment for the individual who brings a commitment to the mission of BHGH and the internal drive to be successful.
- Be passionate about the Boys Hope Girls Hope mission!
- Be an entrepreneurial, creative problem solver
- Be flexible and able to adjust plans to meet changing priorities and needs, within the dynamics of a nonprofit network of affiliates
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, internet, e-mail and database applications. Experience with Salesforce desirable.
- Offer a high level of customer service
- Give strong attention to detail and ability to handle varying work flow
- Be culturally competent and understand the ideas of equity and how to address issues of systemic racism in employment systems
For more information, please view our position description.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter on our website at https://bhghinternational.org/careers. Select the Manager of Talent Acquisition and Development from current openings at Boys Hope Girls Hope International and you will be prompted to upload your documents.
Boys Hope Girls Hope is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diverse candidates.
||This listing expires on: 12/27/2018