Vice President of Human Resources
Vice President of Human Resources
Are you an accomplished Human Resources executive with a passion for teaching others how best to develop talent?
Do you have a successful track record overseeing Human Resources and implementing best practices?
Do you thrive in an environment where you challenge the status quo and are a strategic thought leader on an executive team?
…If so, then come join our family!
Much like its products, Hager Companies is built to last. Family-owned and operated since 1849, Hager Companies (“Hager”) is now in its 6th
generation of family leadership. A business that started forging wheel rims for wagons traveling towards the gold rush now includes more than 6,000 door hardware products such as locks, door controls, exit devices, and electrified products. Headquartered in St. Louis, with a manufacturing and distribution facility in Montgomery, Alabama and a distribution center in Dubai, Hager employs close to 400 employees. Our commitment to unrivaled service and support has helped us attract and retain outstanding customers and employees. For more information about Hager, visit us online at http://www.hagerco.com/
We are seeking a talented Vice President of Human Resources
to join our Executive Management Team. This position represents an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of people and strategy. Leading a team of 5 exceptional HR professionals, our ideal candidate will be called upon to create performance management and employee development systems that build upon our existing HR practices to drive profitable growth. We are looking for a passionate HR leader, ready to implement HR best practices that will help Hager further develop the potential of our human capital.
Reporting directly to our President and Chief Operating Officer, responsibilities include:
- Entrepreneurial LEADERSHIP – Serve as a key member of Hager’s Executive Management Team and face of HR to our entire organization. Partner with company leadership to develop and execute talent-related aspects of Hager’s overall strategy. Reinforce a positive company culture through employee engagement and recognition programs. Foster a healthy sense of accountability throughout the business. Ensure that talent remains a major strength of the company.
- TALENT MANAGEMENT – Identify and implement best practices for the full lifecycle of employees including recruiting, training, development, performance management, retention and succession planning. Serve as the internal champion of HR processes to management, supervisors, employees and colleagues on the Executive Management Team. Partner with senior management to evaluate staffing, structure and roles and responsibilities as the company continues to grow.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT – Work closely with managers to oversee the fair and consistent implementation of Hager’s performance management system. Promote a culture of accountability. Assist with goal-setting and professional development plans. When necessary, counsel and empower managers through disciplinary action and termination procedures. Advise on promotions, advancement, and internal succession planning.
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS – Partner with managers, employees, and legal counsel as needed to assist in issue resolution. Further develop management training to ensure best HR and hiring practices. Ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as local, state and Federal regulations.
- COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS – Partner with our CFO in benefits and provider selection. Implement new benefit plans, communicate plan changes, and address employee questions and concerns. Develop incentive programs and clearly communicate expectations to produce desired results. Ensure that Hager maintains competitive compensation and benefits that balance with corporate goals and objectives. Continuously evaluate innovative benefit offerings and new programs. Partner with 3rd party payroll vendor for any payroll issues.
Vice President of Human Resources
||Saint Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive HR leadership experience required. Prior experience serving as a member of a senior leadership team is strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of business operations and financial acumen required.
- Demonstrated experience and genuine enthusiasm for providing both strategic and transactional HR functions is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with providing HR support and strategy for multiple locations is preferred.
- Prior experience in a family business and/or privately held company is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to provide hands-on recruitment assistance and a strong eye for talent is required.
- 4-year degree in related field is required; SPHR certification or advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is ideal, but not required.
- Prior HR team supervisory experience and oversight for outsourced payroll function also a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ready to Apply?
- An entrepreneurial desire to embrace BOTH executive level strategy development AND hands-on execution of policies, procedures and initiatives… a “leader” and a “doer”.
- A willingness to debate and persuade company ownership, peers and direct reports in order to arrive at the best possible business decisions for the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact and work well across all levels of the organization. Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills are expected.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to keep information confidential, build rapport and resolve conflict in a fair and consistent manner.
- Team player with the ability to adapt his or her approach across a diverse employee base.
- Proven ability to proactively identify, advocate for and implement process improvements and HR policies.
- Strong technology skills, including direct experience with HRIS systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Solid work ethic and high ethical standards.
If you are interested and qualified, take the next step and apply in confidence at www.csiapply.com. Simply select Hager Companies – Vice President of Human Resources and upload your resume. Should you experience any difficulties with the application system or wish to make a confidential inquiry or referral, please contact our search consulting firm, Collaborative Strategies, Inc., at email@example.com. All inquiries and resume submissions will be held strictly confidential. Please do not contact Hager directly.
Collaborative Strategies, Inc., a St. Louis based consulting firm with a boutique executive search practice, has been connecting executive talent to opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders with growing and entrepreneurial organizations such as Hager Companies in Saint Louis, Missouri. For more information about our services, visit us online at www.getcollaborative.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
||This listing expires on: 3/5/2019