Human Resource Generalist
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Archdiocese of St. Louis (SVDP), is a grassroots, volunteer-based, direct-aid organization that brings together men and women to grow in their spirituality through service for others. We have been serving the Greater St. Louis area since 1845. We are part of a national organization and linked by the common mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
The Archdiocesan Council is composed of 140+ parish-based volunteer groups called Conferences. The Main Council operation serves as a resource and support system for these Conferences. A large part of that support is the operation of nine thrift stores with nearly 200 employees.
The Human Resource Generalist provides consultative human resources support to business partners. The Generalist will assist on the interpretation of Human Resources programs/policies/procedures to ensure alignment with business objectives and work cultures in achieving SVdP goals while minimizing risk to the organization. The Generalist works under general direction within the SVdP mission, while performing assigned tasks to include staffing, compliance, benefits and payroll administration, record-keeping and reporting duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Organization Mission and Policies:
- Implements human resources programs by providing HR services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing assigned duties
- Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVDP’s Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.
Human Resource Generalist
||Society of St Vincent de Paul
||St Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HRM or closely related field
- Five (5) years of work experience performing Human Resource duties. (Up to two (2) years may be substituted for and/or added together with the Education requirements listed above.)
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification required or ability to obtain within first 18 months in the position
- Knowledge of
- Human resource practices and procedures (Intermediate level)
- Employment law at Federal, State and Local levels
- Mathematics (Basic level)
- Office methods and procedures (Advanced level)
- MS Office software package (Intermediate level)
- Paylocity HRIS, preferred
- Ability to
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a wide variety of people
- Work with frequent distractions
- Follow and interpret written procedures and guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Skill in
- Benefits administration
- Job board and social media recruiting
- Project management
- Customer service and dealing with a wide variety of people
- Initiative, collaboration and flexibility
- Physical demands
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply online under Employment at http://svdpstlouis.org.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||This listing expires on: 2/10/2019