Human Resources Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator executes various human resources services for corporate and branch offices. Administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include: medical/dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, health and safety physicals, leave of absence, FMLA, HIPAA, Flexible Spending (Section 125), HSA etc. Acts as liaison between employee, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. Provides administrative support to human resources function (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, HRIS report writing). Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed. Performs other HR administrative duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative / Corporate Assistance
- Special projects as required.
- Recruiting – Assists managers in following hiring policy when recruiting and interviewing new employees. Ensures system is maintained for tracking incoming resumes; maintains files of applications for employment. Maintains database for affirmative action information and reports.
- Attends local and out of state job fairs
- Establishes liaisons with universities, technical schools and other resources as needed to fill open positions
- Employee Benefits - Administers medical, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability benefits assisting employees with questions, enrollments, changes and updates. Assists with the enrollment of new insurance carriers as needed. Assists in producing annual employee benefits summary. Assists supervisor with 401(k) plan assisting employees with questions, enrollments, changes and updates.
- Personnel Software/Reports and File Maintenance - Manages personnel files by filing all documents and updating the Personnel software with training, salary increases, performance evaluations and changes in personal information. Maintains DOT employee files. Ensures information is communicated to Accounting Department relative to benefits and employee information related to payroll processing. Assists with report writing to complete annual EEO and AAP reports. Assists with annual benefit statement preparation. Ensures overall accuracy and efficiency of management reporting functions.
- Employee Evaluations - Forwards employee salary evaluation information to managers throughout the year on the employee’s anniversary. Forwards employee performance evaluations and self-evaluations monthly. Forwards training records to managers on a monthly basis.
- Orientation – In absence of supervisor conducts new employee orientation including pre-employment medical screenings, benefits enrollment and facility/company orientation. Processes exit interviews for terminated employees including ensuring of administration of COBRA benefits through third party provider.
- Training – Assists with scheduling employee training on personnel policies as needed (discrimination / sexual harassment / drug free workplace). Maintains training records and processes education payment plan documents.
- Employee Screenings – Coordinates and monitors renewal of annual physicals and processing of pre-employment and random drug screenings. Ensures compliance with Pipeline Consortium.
- Wellness - Assists in wellness initiatives with report writing and assisting in wellness brownbag presentations.
- Branch Offices – Coordinates all human resources needs / issues with branch offices.
- Assists in educating managers on corporate policies, procedures and human resources legislation relative to EEO, AAP, FMLA, HIPAA, Wage and Hour etc.
- Performs special projects as required.
Human Resources Coordinator
||Maryland Heights, MO
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Course work/seminar attendance in the benefits areas helpful (e.g. CEBS, ACA or related course work.)
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Minimum of three years’ experience administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills, the ability to organize and prioritize work, as well as work with all levels of management and employees in a team environment. Must work well under pressure and changing time restraints. Proficiency in Vision or Paycom, WordPerfect and Excel are essential. Incumbent needs strong analytical and problem solving skills. Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third-party record keeping/administration required. Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA and related state and federal regulations required
- Well organized
- Ability to excel under pressure and tight time schedules
- Confidential nature
- Overnight travel by airplane or vehicle up to 20% to various office locations
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive and changes may be made to this job description at the discretion of management.
||This listing expires on: 6/14/2019