At Security Equipment Supply, we started as a single-point location in St. Louis and have grown to what we are today, thanks to our dedication and focus on customer service and our employees. We are one of the Nation’s Leading Independent Distributors in the Low-Voltage Industry. We are growing rapidly, and always looking to open the next new locations. We never forget the simple fact that the better our customers do, the better we do, and so we do all we can to help them make their business successful. SES is a place where both you and your contribution will be appreciated and rewarded. If you are looking for a rewarding career and working for a company that values family and customer service, we want to hear from you.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting the corporate office and branches. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: full life-cycle recruiting, training, onboarding, policy documentation / implementation, and employment law compliance.
- Partner with HR Manager and Executive management to determine staffing needs.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checks, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for exempt and hourly position openings.
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates using ATS, traditional, and non-traditional resources, such as career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Collaborate with Marketing and e-Commerce Managers on advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with appropriate managers, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offer (e.g. benefits, compensation, commission plans, etc.).
- Works with HR and Operations Management to ensure HR compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system.
- Confers with management, Company trainers and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Coordinate training schedule with hires and Company trainers to determine training demands for the corporate office and branches.
- Formulates teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Coordinate and assists with development of Company procedural manuals. Ensures such manuals put forth best practices for that specific area.
- Selects and develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Conducts training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc.
- Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. May also test trainees, where applicable, to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Makes suggestions on improving work procedures to meet the Company’s overall training needs.
- Participates in HR Committee Meetings, Administrative Staff Meetings, Branch Manager Meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems geared toward achieving the Company goals of controlling our assets and reducing operating expenses
- Conducts new-employee orientation to ensure employees complete new-hire paperwork correctly and to gain an understanding of Company culture, benefits plans and enrollment provisions. Counsel employee (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions.
- Sharing information with stakeholders / and make relevant announcements for management.
- Engages with employees both during onboarding and off boarding to continuously improve our hiring processes.
- Comply with any reasonable Executive or management request
- Responsible for maintenance of HRIS system.
- Responsible for maintaining benefit carrier data bases and process monthly billings.
- Oral and Written Communication
- HRIS system
- Problem Sensitivity
- Deductive and Inductive Reasoning
- Possess ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft suite of products
- Travel and some night/weekend work may be required (approximately <10% travel is expected)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier, and standard software suite(s), such as the ERP system, an HCM system, and the Microsoft suite of products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without reasonable notice.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and business need.
||Security Equipment Supply
||Earth City, MO
|Posting Start Date:
||Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of Human Resources with a strong emphasis in recruiting and training.
- Ability to speak in a public forum.
- Additional professional certifications in the field of Human Resource Management (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP) is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of employment laws and procedures
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional service always.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
||This listing expires on: 7/7/2019