Human Resources Manager
Brown & James, P.C., is a Midwest regional law firm with offices located in St. Louis, Missouri, Springfield, Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri and Belleville, Illinois. Our firm currently has over 100 attorneys representing companies in defense litigation, appeals medical malpractice, transportation and insurance coverage matters.
Our firm is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our administrative team. This position works directly with the Firm’s executive management and will be based in St. Louis, Missouri. The position would require some travel to our outer offices.
- Liaison to Management in building and maintaining a culture of teamwork, high performance and a sense of culture.
-Develops, administers and implements various personnel policies and procedures for all company personnel.
-Ensures the firm’s policies and employment practices comply with federal, state and local regulations and labor laws.
-Conducts recruitment efforts including sourcing, interviewing, extending job offers, orientation, training, onboarding.
-Administers disciplinary procedures, employee termination and conducts exit interviews.
-Monitor staffing levels to ensure adequate support for practice groups and administration. Responsible for secretarial assignments, workflow and ensuring resources are maximized.
-Establishes and maintains confidential employee and department records and reports.
-Works collaboratively with committees in the annual evaluation and compensation review cycles for attorneys, paralegals and support staff.
-Prepares budgets, including salaries, of personnel operations.
-Performs benefits administration including negotiating, evaluating, and implementing benefit packages, claim resolution and approving invoices
- Participates in administrative, management and other meetings.
-Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
-Effective written and verbal communication skills
-Relationship, Leadership and critical evaluation skills
- Bachelor's degree required; Human Resources certification (PHR, SPHR) preferred;
- Five+ years of experience in Human Resources, with 1-2 years or more in a management level position
- Previous experience in the legal industry (preferred), or in other similar professional services organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Imanage or similar document management system
Qualified candidates may submit cover letter with resume to:
Interim Human Resources Manager