Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
CEO seeks entrepreneurial and data driven HR leader to develop strategic initiatives, drive talent acquisition and further develop people-centric culture.
Come join our family… Employees are the heart and soul of American Metals Supply Co., Inc., (“AMS”). We value our people, encourage their development and are committed to making them happy. For over 50 years, AMS has been committed to improving employees’ lives, driving best-in-class performance, serving as a partner to customers and vendors, and embracing a disciplined and numbers-driven approach. The AMS Team represents close to 120 dedicated employees and remains equally committed to its core purpose: Advancing the American Dream, One Life, One Customer, One Building at a Time.
Headquartered in Hazelwood, Missouri, AMS is a third-generation, family-owned wholesale distributor of sheet and coil steel, and, prefabricated ducts and fittings, along with a complete line of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products. With 8 locations, we pride ourselves on providing top quality products and service in 12 states in the Midwest and Southwest. To learn more about our mission, core values, and history, visit us at www.americanmetalssupply.com.
To support our future growth, we are now seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager for a newly-created role on our Executive Management Team. This role will provide strategic direction while building out critical day-to-day best HR practices and procedures.
Reporting directly to our President & CEO, key responsibilities include:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL HR LEADERSHIP – Serve as a critical member of our Executive Management Team and the face of HR to our entire company. Partner closely with the CEO, COO and company leadership to provide strategic HR guidance. Build a world class HR department, including the development, implementation and oversight of training, performance management, and talent management for the workforce. Provide hands-on leadership and oversight for a department of one and reinforce a positive company culture and ensure that top talent remains a major strength of the company.
- TALENT ACQUISITION & EMPLOYER BRANDING – Identify and implement proactive practices and best processes for recruiting and sourcing top talent at all levels. Partner with internal management to evaluate staffing needs, to develop the appropriate organizational structure, to define roles and develop/execute effective recruitment and development strategies. Evaluate best ATS options to yield robust talent pipeline. Develop strategy to source top talent for AMS through a variety of recruitment channels including posting positions on job boards; partnering closely with technical schools, colleges and universities; attending career fairs and networking events; and utilizing social media websites, recruiting websites and online recruiting platforms.
- TALENT MANAGEMENT – Support the full lifecycle of employee development from recruitment and onboarding, to training, development and performance management and retention and succession planning. Develop best practices for employee on-boarding. Create vision and develop implementation for American Metals University, an internal training curriculum. Create and manage a consistent employee performance review process across all locations. Reinforce a positive company culture through employee engagement and recognition programs. Measure employee satisfaction and generate employee feedback. Serve as an internal resource to our leadership team, managers and employees to help ensure core values remain a top line priority.
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & COMPLIANCE – Partner closely with managers to identify and resolve HR-related issues by developing rapport, trust and credibility at all levels of the company. Review and revise Employee Handbook and Policy Manual to reflect changes to employment regulations. Investigate and resolve issues in an objective, fair and legal manner that balances the best interest of AMS and employees. Provide internal communications and guidance necessary to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Recognize when outside counsel is needed and direct efforts to reduce risk and achieve satisfactory outcomes.
- OVERSEE PAYROLL, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS – Work closely with the Director of Employee Engagement to ensure an accurate and efficient payroll process. Collaborate with Executive Management Team on best compensation practices, including setting salary/pay grades. Provide guidance on implementing new benefit plans, communicating plan changes, and addressing employee questions and concerns. Advise leadership and management on compensation trends and competitive benefit offerings.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE & HR ADMINISTRATION - Servicing customers, both internal and external is a top priority. Respect for customers, employees, partners and all other constituents, along with proactive communication and timely responses and professional, ethical behavior is expected. Our HR leader will need to flex from strategic initiatives into daily tactical projects. Roll-up sleeves to become a power-user of our HRIS, ATS, and payroll systems and serve as an internal resource to train managers and employees.
Human Resources Manager
||American Metals Supply Co.
|Posting Start Date:
- Minimum of 4-8+ years of progressive HR leadership experience, including strong recruitment skills and knowledge of best HR policies and practices.
- Familiarity with providing HR support and strategy for multiple locations in different states is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing internal training and development programs.
- Prior experience in a family business and/or privately held company is preferred.
- 4-year degree in related field is required; SPHR certification or advanced degree is a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- A strategic and creative mindset with hands-on execution of policies, procedures and initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to collaborate closely with the AMS team to arrive at best possible decisions for the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inclusive of the ability to interact and work well across all levels of the company. Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills are expected.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to keep information confidential, build rapport and resolve conflict in a fair and consistent manner.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously while demonstrating the ability to delegate tasks appropriately and maintain attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to adapt his or her approach across a diverse employee base.
- Proven ability to proactively identify, advocate for and implement process improvements and HR policies.
- Strong technology skills, including direct experience with HRIS and ATS systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Solid work ethic and high ethical standards.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested and qualified and ready to take the next step, apply on-line at www.csiapply.com. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Please do not contact AMS directly – should you experience difficulties with the online system or wish to ask a question, you may contact our search consulting firm, Collaborative Strategies, via email at email@example.com.
Collaborative Strategies, Inc., is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated search practice and has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders seeking mission-critical endeavors with entrepreneurial organizations such as American Metals Supply Co., Inc. For more information, visit us at www.getcollaborative.com. To view our job board, visit www.csiapply.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
||This listing expires on: 8/18/2019