ELearn Course Developer
Established in 1981, The Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority (“MOHELA") is a leading national servicer of student loans for the Department of Education. Our success for more than 35 years is due to the tremendous efforts of our outstanding staff.
MOHELA is currently searching for an outstanding individual to join us as an eLearning Course Developer
eLearning Course Developer
MOHELA is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and creative professional for an immediate position as an eLearning course developer. Candidate will work on an integrated team with other IDs, subject matter experts, and operational project team members to design cutting edge training solutions supporting classroom and online learning environments.
The eLearning Course Developer will be expected to work within established project processes, collaborate with team members, and meet project deliverables by developing online learning content. Candidate must be experienced, exhibit high creativity, and be able to effectively express ideas and concepts to team members. The candidate will work with team members to create innovative courseware products.
The eLearning Course Developer will also deploy and manage learning content in the Learning Management System (LMS) to ensure the content is up-to-date and staged for usage for all current training programs. This role will be responsible for providing technical and functional support of the daily operations, maintenance and administration of the Learning Management System, Litmos LMS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Located in Chesterfield, Missouri, MOHELA offers excellent benefits, including:
- Author eLearning content in Adobe Captivate, using course templates and following all development standards for color scheme, graphic design, and functionality.
- Develops additional interaction templates as required.
- Develops strategies for integrating film content into courseware interactions.
- Assists the development team with the conceptual design of new interactions.
- Demonstrates understanding of eLearning development principles, and how those may affect the strategy used to build a specific interaction.
- Adheres to accepted Style Guide practices and collaborates with Training Team in all phases of the development and review cycle.
- Maintains LMS course library and supports course owners in updating course content on an appropriate schedule.
- Maintains current knowledge of eLearning industry and technologies.
- Medical + Dental + and Vision coverage within 60-90 days
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 8% of salary after 1 year
- Fully vested company paid pension after 5 years
- Tuition reimbursement up to $12,000 per year after 3 months
- Dependent child tuition reimbursement after 1 year
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
To build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MOHELA, please call please call 636.733.3700 x3571, TDD 7-1-1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ELearn Course Developer
|Posting Start Date:
This position requires a bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Training and Development, or related field, or an equivalent combination of technical certifications/experience.
Other qualifications include:
- 5 + years of eLearning/multi-media development
- Experience with Adobe Captivate 2017
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of LMS systems and creating AICC/SCORM compliant content that functions within an LMS
- Knowledge of Web-based Training (WBT) creation, along with creation of media such as audio, video, custom animations/interactions, and custom graphics
- Experience in advanced course design principles (i.e. page layout, typography, color theory, visual focus, audio and video, print design)
- Visual design-knowledge and experience in how to craft the visual experience that works best with course content
- Adult learning experience design-knowledge and experience in creating user interfaces that facilitates the best adult learning experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, heavily matrixed organization
- Work well in a team environment
- Possess effective listening skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers, design, SMEs and specific business partners by clarifying deliverables and reinforcing outcomes
||This listing expires on: 8/29/2019