The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing leadership in developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, talent management, change management, performance management, human resources administration, employment risk management, compliance, benefits administration and compensation structure. The Human Resources Manager is a vital and persuasive member of the senior management team capable of effecting continuous and meaningful business and people improvements to advance the organization to an industry employer of choice status and to drive more efficient and productive employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Talent Acquisition – This role plans and executes organized recruiting and talent acquisition. In this capacity, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining a recruiting presence for the Firm with necessary sources for high-quality talent.
- Diversity and Inclusion – This role is responsible for diversity and inclusion initiatives. In this capacity, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for development of policies and programs to attract; retain and promote a diverse work force for the firm. The Human Resources Manager has key oversight of reporting and relationship building with key vendors that assist with recruitment activities.
- Advisor to Senior Leadership - Advisor to the President/CEO, Vice President and the Controller on strategic matters and management of relationships with the management team firm-wide.
- Management Support – As a member of the Senior Management team, the Human Resources Manager is a key advisor/consultant resource for managers and with senior leadership.
- Performance Management – Administrative oversight of the annual performance evaluation process, guidance support to managers and supervisors in determining performance goals and/or improvement expectations for each employee.
- Compensation Administration – Advises management on compensation issues to ensure compliant and fair practices. Participates in industry surveys to monitor the Firm’s practices vs. the market.
- Employment Risk Management – Lead manager in internal investigations related to performance and behavioral issues in the work place. Also carries through with recommendations regarding disciplinary action, involuntary terminations, creation of severance agreements where needed, and advising/coaching senior management on options/courses of action involving performance improvement.
- Workers Compensation Claim Management – Manages claim investigations, settlements, and litigation. Approves workers' compensation payments once claim has been resolved.
- HR Records Administration – Manages and administers Human Resources records.
- HRIS Administration – Manages human resources information, creates and maintains personnel reports for management, as well as creates ad hoc reports
- Benefits Administration – Responsible for day-to-day administration of employee benefits, including enrollment, adds/changes/deletions, troubleshooting issues with vendors, keeping the Firm compliant with Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to benefits. Also assists in negotiation of annual plan renewals, fee and service agreements with benefit plan vendors. This also includes fiduciary responsibility for the 401k plan.
- Privacy Officer - Oversees the development and implementation of company-wide privacy principles, policies and practices.
- Compliance – Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable Federal, State and local employment laws. This includes maintaining DOT, AAP, EEO records, plans and reporting requirements. Files required annual reports with the appropriate government agencies.
- Employee Relations – Must be accessible and supportive to employees and serve as a guide/advisor in circumstances that affect or may affect one, many or all employees. Must maintain strong communication practices and work to help people be successful in their job.
- Evaluation of the human resource department structure - Plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
- Special Notes:
- This position does not have responsibility for payroll administration.
- Direct Reports: 1-3
- Assigned Administrative Support: 0 – ad hoc availability
||St. Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in a multi-state professional services operation.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
In addition to carrying out the above essential duties, to perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving Skills – Sensitive to budget and deadline constraints, often with competing and changing priorities. It is key to maintain the proper balance between advocating for the employee and protecting the Firm, so experience, knowledge, good instincts, and strong people and organizational skills are essential.
- Customer Service – Must demonstrate clear commitment to delivering excellent customer service exemplified by the finished work product, be it a support service or tangible end product.
- Interpersonal Skills – Due to the diverse roles and personalities within the organization, the Human Resources Manager must work effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Communication Skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills are key to success in this role. Must convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly and persuasively in both positive or negative situations; Must be comfortable communicating with a variety of audiences within the firm and potentially with clients and vendors.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Well organized
- Ability to excel under pressure and tight time schedules
- Confidential nature
- Team Player
- Required to sit and or stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent light physical effort required.
||This listing expires on: 9/6/2019