Human Resources Coordinator
N.B. West Contracting is growing! We are looking for the right candidate to develop a new position that we have created as Human Resources Coordinator. Join our team and put your HR experience to work with an industry leader.
Overall Purpose and Objective of the Position
Responsible for administering the organization’s employment policies, staffing, compensation & benefit packages, employee relations in accordance with regulatory & legal compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
- Administers personnel policies and practices, to comply with both internal standards and external regulations.
- Contributes to development and implementation of employment policies and procedures, working with both internal and external resources.
- Coordinates management’s activities related to personnel transactions (including corrective action and terminations) to assure regulatory compliance, proper documentation, recordkeeping, and consistency – receives EEO and MHR charges, refers to appropriate authority, and performs activities (at the request of advisors) to submit responses.
- Assists managers throughout the hiring process. Conducts orientation of new hires.
- Works closely with the Payroll Manager to assure that proper compensation changes are reflected in employees’ payroll.
- Implements measures developed by professional providers to assure the organization’s compliance with Federal, State and other regulatory employment practices.
- Administers the company’s employee benefit plans to include welfare and 401k; communicating benefit programs to employees through new employee orientation, tracking eligibility, processing enrollment, distributes required notices, administering COBRA, etc. in conjunction with the Plan Administrators.
- Administers Worker’s Compensation and ADA; completing documentation & coordinating activities of the corporate health provider, insurance carrier, and injured employees – coordinates employees’ return to work including medical releases.
- Makes recommendations that achieve greater efficiencies, improved processes, etc.
Human Resources Coordinator
||N.B. West Contracting Co.
||St Louis, MO
||Competitive and commensurate with experience.
|Posting Start Date:
Minimum Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a closely related field + 3 years experience in an HR related position, or High School plus a minimum of 5 years experience working in Human Resources.
- Experience in positions requiring maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
- Experience in positions requiring strict attention to detail and accuracy, above-average organizational skills, and prioritizing shifting priorities and time management.
- Demonstrated internal customer service skills; providing services to employees in personnel focused organizations.
- Strong knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and codes.
- Intermediate PC skills to include MS Office (Windows, Word Processing, Excel, and Access)
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and handle employee relations and personnel and to create a productive, team-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively speak with staff members, candidates and new employees.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working productively and proactively both independently and as part of a team.
- Our office is currently located in Brentwood Mo. In April of 2020, we will be moving to Pacific.
- This is an 8 hour per day, Monday through Friday positon.
- Some daytime travel to other company owned locations within the St. Louis region might be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. Non-Exempt.
- Medical, Dental, Life, Profit Sharing and 401(k) benefits are offered.
- Paid Vacation.
N.B. West Contracting Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or citizenship.
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com
||This listing expires on: 12/25/2019