Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Are you passionate about building relationships and serving as an employee advocate?
Have you excelled in sourcing, placing, and retaining top talent?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on continuous improvement?
… If so, check out PLM!
PLM Companies (“PLM”) is redefining the supply chain. Whether an organization needs a comprehensive pallet program, transportation services, packaging products, or simply a better way to manage corporate waste streams, PLM delivers practical, seamless solutions executed on time, every time. Not only do we help other businesses with their recycling efforts, but we “practice what we preach” in our facilities. We recycle all corrugated cardboard, shrink wrap, wood, scrap metal, and other waste stream products such as nails, oil, rubber tires, office paper, and more. Recently centralized in a brand-new facility in Hazelwood, Missouri, the PLM team is a single source logistics services enterprise comprised of 140 employees. To learn more, visit us online at www.plmcompanies.com.
PLM is seeking a Human Resources Manager who will be on the front lines of strategy development and implementation, continuous improvement, HR administration, and employee relations. Partnering closely with the executive leadership team, this individual will concentrate on increasing efficiency of the HR function while building effective relationships and fostering an employee-centric culture.
Reporting directly to our President & CEO, key responsibilities include:
- Talent Acquisition & Recruitment – Partner with hiring managers to develop and execute a full-cycle recruiting program. Develop relationships and partner closely with community organizations and other relevant partners to develop and maintain a pipeline of talent for PLM. Interview applicants and partner with management throughout every step of the hiring process. Utilize available technologies and resources to proactively identify candidates, deepen candidate pools, and reduce time-to-fill.
- On-Boarding & Talent Management – Refine and maintain best practices for the new hire on-boarding process. Provide ongoing talent management to support the full lifecycle of employee development from recruitment and on-boarding to training, development, performance management, retention, off-boarding, leaves of absence, and workers’ compensation. Champion a positive company culture through employee engagement and retention programs. Serve as an internal resource to the PLM leadership team, managers, and employees and help ensure core values remain a top-line priority. Leverage HR metrics to identify and assess areas for continuous improvement in regard to employee relations, performance, and engagement.
- Employee Relations, Compliance, & Communications – Partner closely with managers to identify and resolve HR-related issues by establishing rapport, trust, and credibility at all levels of the company. Investigate and resolve issues in an objective, fair, and legal manner that balances the best interests of PLM and employees. Provide internal communications and guidance necessary to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Maintain strict confidentiality in all employee matters, respond to unemployment claims, and ensure that the employee handbook is in alignment with legally acceptable principles.
- Payroll, Compensation, & Benefits – Utilizing the existing Paycom system, manage and ensure an accurate and efficient payroll process. Co-facilitate the selection process, negotiation, and administration of benefit plans. Communicate plan changes and promptly address employee questions and concerns. Advise Management Team on compensation trends, salary benchmarks, and competitive benefit program insights.
- Customer Service & HR Administration – Provide a high level of customer service (internal and external) as the main point of contact for all HR-related matters. Demonstrate value for customers, employees, and all other constituents, including proactive communication and timely responses in a context of professional, ethical decision-making. Audit, organize, and maintain employee files to ensure compliance with all applicable laws. This HR leader will need to flex from strategic initiatives into daily tactical projects, simultaneously serving as a readily available resource and thought leader for managers and employees.
- 5-7+ years of progressive HR experience, including HR function ownership, demonstrated recruitment skills, and knowledge of best HR policies and practices.
- Four-year degree in a related field required; alternatively, 5+ years of experience with complete HR ownership will be accepted.
- Experience with Paycom strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact and work well across all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of current federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- SHRM Certification (completed or in-progress); expectation of completion after hire.
- Spanish language proficiency desirable, but not required.
- Training in diversity and inclusion practices a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, initiative in continuous improvement, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities on a daily basis.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and HRIS systems, as well as a traditional print records system.
- A strategic mindset along with an entrepreneurial spirit; not afraid to “roll up the sleeves.”
- Demonstrated integrity in protecting confidentiality, building rapport, and resolving conflict in a fair and consistent manner.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to foster a positive work environment and serve others in a diverse employee base.
Compensation for this position includes a competitive base salary. PLM offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested and qualified, please take the next step and confidentially apply on-line at www.csiapply.com. To make a confidential inquiry about this position, please contact our executive search consulting firm. Visit www.getcollaborative.com for contact information. Please do not contact PLM directly. Candidates from contingent recruiters will not be considered.
Collaborative Strategies, Inc., a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated boutique search practice, has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching entrepreneurial leaders with great opportunities and organizations such as PLM.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources Manager
||St. Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 1/25/2020