Director of HR & Employee Relations
Director of HR & Employee Relations
As one of the nation’s most experienced non-emergency medical transportation management (NEMT) brokers, MTM remains firmly committed to creating communities without barriers! Initially established to manage NEMT, MTM has worked collaboratively with clients to create customized solutions, including a wide array of healthcare and public transit services to help align incentives, reduce costs, and increase member and passenger satisfaction. With over 2,000 employees nationwide, MTM operates in 28 states and has scheduled over 14 million trips for 8 million members and handled another 8 million calls year.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, MTM leverages its core competencies in managing customer service operations and building provider networks. MTM’s clients include state and county governments, Medicaid and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), transit agencies, third party administrators, and healthcare providers. MTM has been recognized with numerous awards and accolades, including Mogul’s Top 100 Innovators in Diversity & Inclusion (2017). The St. Louis Business Journal has also recognized MTM as one of the Healthiest Employers (2018), Best Places to Work (2018), Fastest-Growing Private Companies (2017), Top Five Largest Women-Owned Businesses (2016) and Top Family Owned Businesses (2016). Visit www.mtm-inc.net to learn more.
MTM is excited to announce its need for an innovative and experienced Director of HR & Employee Relations. This role will serve as a valued member of MTM’s senior HR leadership team and as a critical resource for MTM’s HR Business Partners. Responsibility includes the oversight of the Company's employment policies and practices, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and affirmative action regulations. Responsibility also includes providing the strategic and tactical leadership necessary to support a high-performing HR Team.
Reporting directly to MTM’s Chief Human Resource Officer (“CHRO”), the ideal candidate will:
- PROVIDE VISIONARY & INNOVATIVE HR LEADERSHIP – Serve as a key member of MTM’s HR leadership team and as a key resource for strategic HR advice to senior leadership across all business divisions. Partner closely with the CHRO and other functional HR leaders to develop annual HR strategic plans and vision for the HR department, supporting business goals. Develop and execute people strategy and policy to ensure exceptional employee relations and compliance with local, state, and, federal regulations. Provide national thought leadership and guidance to a team of HR Business Partners that support over 35 company locations. Reinforce a collaborative and positive culture while fostering an appreciation for MTM’s core values (Respect, Collaborate, Deliver, Align and, Act). Serve as an active participant in company-wide strategic initiatives and as a member of related teams and working groups.
- LEAD NATIONAL EMPLOYEE & LABOR RELATIONS – Partner closely with HR team members and Legal Department to ensure best practices and proper handling of employee concerns. Collaborate in the resolution of all employee relations matters, including investigating, researching, and resolving employment-related issues as well as the management of the Company's Compliance & Ethics Hotline. Coordinate the Company's response to employment-related regulatory inquiries for local, state, and federal government agencies. Monitor and oversee compliance activities including planning, reporting, analysis, and submission. Develop and implement a positive and collaborative employee relations environment in which all employees are viewed as partners in achieving organizational goals. Participate in labor negotiations and oversee the day-to-day management of union agreements, negotiations, and labor regulations.
- INSPIRE A HIGH-PERFORMING HR TEAM – Provide advice and counsel for MTM’s HR team and various leaders across the organization. Serve as a HR thought leader, key resource, and strategic advisor on best HR practices, including service delivery, programs and compliance matters, and, employee relations through frequent interaction and formalized monthly and quarterly check-in conversations. Identify, develop and provide ongoing continuous education and webinar opportunities on key HR trends and new learnings in employment law. Promote a high-level of responsiveness and customer service for internal constituents and develop a team who serve as critical business partners for internal management and are able to support business segment needs and company growth initiatives. Drive a healthy sense of accountability and a mindset for continuous improvement. Solicit team and field feedback to create an environment that welcomes innovation and supports collaboration between HR & regional teams.
- ENSURE BEST NATIONAL HR POLICIES & PRACTICES – Ensure company remains in compliance with federal, state, and, local employment laws across all locations. Monitor, review, and update all HR policies and practices. Provide oversight for Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), including all reporting and compliance activities. Stay abreast of legal compliance research across all locations. Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with internal and external legal resources. Proactively educate the HR teams and leadership on new developments, new employment law and key trends. Drive the HR team to adopt updated policies and HR practices. Advise on the maintenance and audit appropriate employment records and record-tracking systems across all locations
Director of HR & Employee Relations
||St. Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
- Minimum of 8-10+ years of progressive HR experience, including demonstrated Human Resources leadership roles and close collaboration with a team of HR professionals.
- Heavy exposure and responsibility for legal and compliance issues and a well-developed expertise in employee relations. Prior specialization in employee relations, legal, and/or HR compliance, including best practices in investigating and handling legal complaints and charges preferred.
- Deep working-knowledge of HR laws and regulations (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
- Four-year degree required in human resources, business, industrial relations, or related area required, or, equivalent experience. Advanced degree (law degree) and HR Certification preferred, but not required.
- Solid technology and computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel), cloud-based HR software and other HR platforms and applications.
- Prior experience with labor relations and union negotiations a plus.
- Familiarity in navigating and communicating within a matrix-based organization and/or prior experience working within a corporate headquarter location is also preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact and work well across all levels of the organization. Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills are expected.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Team player with the ability to adapt his or her approach across a diverse employee base.
- Proven ability to proactively identify, advocate for and implement HR process improvements.
- Analytical skills, project management experience, and good organization and time management skills required.
- Negotiation and influencing skills; a well-honed ability to achieve results through others.
- Collaborative work style and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and liaise between field and corporate organizations.
- Ability to keep informed of HR, legal, and compliance trends.
- Ability to provide a high-level of confidentiality, utilizing discretion, sensitivity and a common-sense approach regarding employee information.
This position must be based in MTM’s corporate office in Saint Louis, Missouri. Relocation assistance will be provided, and, relocation would be expected upon hire.
Occasional travel required (10-20% or as necessary).
MTM offers a generous compensation and benefits package including a base salary, annual bonus, and, a long-term incentive program at the executive level. MTM’s employee benefits package includes health benefits (dental, medical and vision), life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, healthcare flex spending account, 401k, vacation and holidays, adoption assistance, educational assistance, and more. Executive team members also qualify for an annual bonus and participation in MTM’s long-term incentive plan.
Ready to Apply?
Apply online at www.csiapply.com – simply upload your resume and answer a few questions for our search consultant. If you experience any issues with the online application system and/or wish to make a confidential inquiry or referral, please contact our search team. Visit www.getcollaborative.com for search firm contact information. All resume submissions, referrals, and job inquiries will be held strictly confidential. We look forward to hearing from you!
Connecting talent with opportunity since 1994, Collaborative Strategies, Inc., is a St. Louis based consulting firm with a dedicated executive search practice. We take pride in matching talented leaders with entrepreneurial skills sets who are capable of undertaking mission-critical endeavors for great organizations, like MTM, based in Saint Louis, Missouri.
MTM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MTM welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
||This listing expires on: 3/14/2020